Financial Analyst with 20+ years experience working for a Fortune 500 company. Expertise in trend analysis, forecast accuracy, and integrated management reporting. Proven abilities in financial governance, risk control, and fiscal responsibility. Client-focused, with strong relationship building and strategic planning skills. Key skills include:
- Effective Communication
- Administrative Compliance
- Diversified Interactions
- Financial Modeling
WILLIAMS LEA CONSULTING, Atlanta, GA
(Temporary placement through Robert Half Accounting)
Financial Analyst Mar 2012-Present
Provides effective financial support by preparing, analyzing, and verifying financial reports that furnish valuable, up-to-date information for a diversified range of managerial levels throughout the company. Performs the role of trouble-shooter by developing and implementing solutions to problem situations. Prepares reporting tools required by the company to conduct its operations in accordance to their corporate objectives.
- Supplies technical assistance to billing services to ensure the timely reporting of shipping receipts representing the verification of goods shipped to external clients.
- Monitors both payable and receivable billing exceptions, and take steps to eliminate or minimize the risk of financial exposure that invoicing delays may cause for the company.
- Acts as a representative of the finance department as required when responding to requests for information from all areas within the company.
WACHOVIA BANK, Atlanta, GA
Senior Financial Analyst Mar 2001-Dec 2010
Provided effective financial support while meeting corporate objectives for integrated management reporting. Maintained strong partnerships throughout the company, with a wide range of management and geographical diversity. Supported the company’s key risk objectives by adhering to accounting, control, expense, and financial governance policies.
- Supplied meaningful and focused financial analyses including efficiency tracking and three year financial scorecard, for several Check Processing groups that together averaged $30 million dollars annually in operating expenses.
- Developed and maintained forecast modeling templates unique to the reporting group, while adhering to corporate financial reporting guidelines based on best industry practices to ensure commonality.
- Supported the presentation of operations projects, including development of business case, system input, tracking, and reporting, that resulted in cost reduction or revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Ensured compliance with all Federal governance requirements, especially the specific mandates of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) that oversees financial reporting accountability.
Check Processing Financial Analyst Sept 1999-Feb 2001
Coordinated, analyzed, and maintained monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting for the Check Processing Services group.
- Supplied meaningful and focused financial analyses, including efficiency tracking, for several Check Processing groups that together averaged $15 million dollars annually in operating expenses.
- Created and provided performance measurement reports to ensure the most viable unit costs, while exceeding corporate goals and objectives.
- Developed and implemented training sessions with Check Processing senior managers and their leadership teams on the fundamentals of budgeting, forecasting, unit cost reporting, and performance metrics to ensure commonality of best practice procedures.
- Developed and implemented accounting procedures to ensure the controls of accurately monitoring vendor payments and invoice tracking.
Mail Services Financial Analyst Sept 1996-Aug 1999
Coordinated, analyzed, and maintained monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting for the Mail and Courier Operations group.
- Supplied meaningful and focused financial analyses, including efficiency tracking, for several Mail Services groups that together averaged $5 million dollars annually in operating expenses.
- Analyzed monthly postage expenditures and provided general ledger balancing of all postage accounts to ensure the most viable unit costs, while exceeding corporate goals and objectives.
- Developed and implemented training sessions with Mail Services leadership teams on the fundamentals of budgeting, forecasting, unit cost reporting, and performance metrics to ensure commonality of best practice procedures.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Transportation positions with increasing responsibilities within the corporation.
Bachelor of Administration, Management
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
Training courses including Ethics, Diversity, Accounting Control Policy, General Ledger Account Requirements, FDICA/SOX Requirements, Account Reconcilement Requirements, Interaction Management, Exceptional Customer Service, and Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Lotus Notes, Outlook, Essbase, Hyperion Enterprise